Several Milligan College seniors will be showcasing their work this semester in the Milligan Art Gallery located in Derthick Hall. Each student will have an opening reception from 2-4 p.m. on Sunday afternoon during the week of their show. These events are free and open to the public.
• Brittany Helms, of Kingsport, Tennessee, will present a photography show, Jan. 29-Feb. 3, and a fine arts show, April 9-14.
• Abbi Jones, Greeneville, Tennessee, photography, Feb. 12-17.
• Collin Hawley, Woodbridge, Virginia, photography, Feb. 19-24.
• Carly Owen, Johnson City, Tennessee, fine art, Feb. 26-March 3.
• Tori Duncan, Johnson City, photography, March 19-24.
• Katelyn Johnson , Johnson City, photography, March 26-31.
• Sarah Knapton, Stoughton, Wisconsin, April 2-7.
“Being able to show students’ work to the public is a vital part of their education,” said Dr. Carrie Swanay, chair of Milligan’s Area of Performing, Visual and Communicative Arts. “These students have worked hard to produce works to be shown in their senior show. We encourage the community to attend the student receptions to support and encourage all of our fine arts students.”
Milligan’s photography minors will showcase their artwork Sunday, Jan. 22, with a reception from 2-4 p.m. It will run until Friday, Jan. 27.