All interested pedestrians are invited to join in a Buffalo Ramblers hike this Saturday, September 28.
1) Meet on the steps of Hart Hall at 12:00 noon. We’ll return around 4:00 PM. Starting at 12:00 gives you time for breakfast or brunch; please don’t come without eating something first.
2) We’ll caravan to the Appalachian Trail on the south side of Erwin. We’ll start on this trail and then walk along the Nolichucky River, thus giving views of early fall colors in the popular Nolichucky Gorge.
3) The majority of the trail is easy; a few sections are moderate in terms of the need for cautious footing. There is no set distance for this hike; we’ll walk out for a while and then turn around and walk back.
4) Safety first! Wear good walking shoes (flip flops aren’t good walking shoes). Bring your own drinking water. Anyone allergic to bee stings cannot go without an EpiPen or the like.
5) Direct questions to Jeff Miller (JDMiller@Milligan.edu).